Thursday, December 12th, 2019
In attendance: 20
Called to order: 11:30
Video – https://youtu.be/un6bAZwCxe8
1 – Introductions – How are you celebrating the end of 2019? Do you have any embarrassing/memorable holiday stories?
- * **S. Fabre – Agape Insurance Agency – Engaged and looking forward to the holidays
- * **B Merritt – Minuteman Mortgage – met his wife through a holiday party
- K Bolin – Edward Jones – misses magic of Christmas with her kids, looking forward to time with grandchild this year
- J Doane – TVWD – Wedding Anniversary is Dec 21, reflects on spending many Christmasses at airports traveling to visit his kids
- R. Velji – Running for House Representative – Grew up in Fiji, where it is Summer at Christmas, their tradition was to have a picnic on the beach.
- M. Moore – Pamplin Media Group – looking forward to going to Sacramento to spend Christmas with her 93 year old grandma
- *M. Schmidt – Schmidt and Yee – looking forward to going to see folks for holidays in Kansas
- J. Petersdorf – Beaverton Little League – remembers her mall having a talking Christmas tree
- **S. Rennie – Schmidt and Yee – looking forward to spending time with his kids at Christmas
- P. Yee – Schmidt and Yee – remembers making a “Bob Kratchet” Punch for a Holiday Party and realized after the fact she had forgotten to add mixer
- T. Wang – Northwest Chinese Academy – looking forward to volunteering and serving others
- M. Ortiz – Northwest Chinese Academy – going to New York to be with family
- MK – Agape Community Insurance – misses snow during season, and always liked the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center
- P. Miller – Westside Cruisers – looking forward to spoiling her cat and spending time with friends
- D. Flint – Inline Construction – has funny memories of watching employees have a great time at the company Christmas party
- **S. Leitz – Baskin Robbins – good memories of the time he moved to Saipan and soaked up the sun for a year
- **A. Stone – Stone Construction & AHS Liaison – Christmas plans this year are “TBD”, she grew up in Lake Oswego and has good memories of watching the Christmas Ships.
- J Maynard – Integrity Brewing – remembers the year he forgot a birthday, but turned it into “birthday month”
*2019 ABA Board Member
**2020 ABA Board Member
Drawing – Raffle Tickets and Gift Cards
2 – Board and Committee Reports – Sally Fabre
- At the Board Meeting the following Positions were elected: Sally Fabre – President, Alison Stone – Secretary, Scott Rennie – Treasurer
A – Treasurer Report – Sally Fabre for Teresa Greeno- over $900 in bank account, used some funds for gift cards for today’s raffle
B – Community Partnerships / Communications – Brian Merritt
- Video for Edwards Center – Non-profit of the month
3 – Beaverton Together Survey
broke up into groups to discuss 5 question survey:
1)As a business owner, what do you think is needed in the community as it pertains to substance abuse?
2) How does substance use/abuse affect your business?
3) What would be the most effective way to get businesses engaged in the work of the coalition?
4) What ideas do you have to address the community needs?
5) If you would like to be contacted directly, please include your name and contact information
4 – Testimonials / Announcements –
- Beaverton Aloha Little League
- 61st year in community
- Indoor practice facility
- inclusive – if you sign up, you will play (no tryouts,no cuts)
- center of all elementary schools in area
- looking for partnerships with community to keep registration cost low
- $500 – up sponsorships available (logo on newsletter, banners, flyers at facility, etc)
- Night to Shine – 2/7/2020 – Volunteers and Guests Needed along with donations – westside.nighttoshine.com
- TVWD reminds us that Grabhorn will be closed for the next 2 months for water main installation, use Murray or Tile Flat (paid for by EPA grant, no rate increases)
- Aloha United Methodist Church – Christmas Eve Candlelight service at 7pm
- NW Chinese Academy – community billboard if you want anything posted
- Open House again in the spring
- AHS Giving Tree – homeless and in need students requests for $25 gift cards from Target, due tomorrow
- The ABA has a new PO Box Address: PO Box 5872, Aloha, OR 97006-5872
Annual Board Retreat – Saturday January 4th, 2020
Next Meeting: Thursday January 9th, 2020
ABA Business of the Month: Agape Community Insurance
2nd Thursday of every month, 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM at Peppermill Restaurant
Please invite someone to join!
The ABA Board would like to thank
Schmidt and Yee for hosting our Board Meeting held December 5th @ 8:30 AM
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/abaassociation/