Guest Speaker: Shelley Olyear, Washington County Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator Ways to increase cycle and pedestrian business
- Nearly one thousand county residents either walk or bike regularly
- Pedestrians and cyclists spend more money at business locations other than grocery stores
- Providing secure places to park a bicycle has proven to increase customers
- Offering a coupon to pedestrians and cyclists for a particular day/time may serve to increase business
- Encouraging people to walk and bike more often goes hand in hand with transportation improvement and planning; your voice is valued at the county
Spotlight Speaker: John and Stephanie McDowell – A Cut Above Pawn on viagraoverthecounter.biz TV Hwy.
By day, Stephanie manages E-bay for the business and John runs the retail shop, they are rapidly approaching their one year anniversary as business owners.
The mission of A Cut Above Pawn is to emulate the Pawn Stars experience and be a premier business within the community.
A Cut Above Pawn provides a valuable service to the community by bridging the gap while someone is waiting for an incoming check or just needs a short term loan to make ends meet. They resell good quality merchandise which aids savings within the community and recycles still very usable goods.
Read all the2013-07-11-Luncheon notes here.